40 Awesome Android Apps for College Students
Are you sad that you have an Android phone instead of an iPhone because of the lack of apps? Never fear — just a little patience and you’ll have all the apps you need. This list of 40 awesome Android apps for college students provides examples of some high-class apps that will help you float through that undergraduate or graduate degree with confidence.
Books & Reference
- Aldiko Book Reader: Browse huge catalogs of ebooks including best-sellers, new releases and classics (many for free) or import your own ePub and PDF files.
- FactBook Ad-Free: This is the ad-free version of the popular FactBook reference app, offering fast + easy access to the CIA World Fact Book and United Nations data and statistics.
- Goodreads Droid: This download by Hactar Software is a fully featured Android client for the social book website Goodreads.com.
- Grammar Guide: This is an easy to use, quick reference guide with general rules, helpful hints and reference for using grammar.
- Moon+ Reader for Android: Read tens of thousands of books for free, supports multiple online book sites. Read local books for nice experience with real-time smooth scroll and tons of innovation functions.
- Oxford American Dictionary and Thesaurus: Developed by Handmark, the Oxford American Dictionary and Thesaurus combines a full dictionary and a full thesaurus, offering users access to the power of words.
- Read It Later Pro: Read It Later downloads all of your articles for offline reading. You can view your articles even when away from an Internet connection, which is perfect for reading on the plane, train or your daily commute.
- Wikidroid: View all of Wikipedia’s articles formatted perfectly for your device. Never be without the answer to an argument again! With the Plus version, you can even save articles to your SD card for viewing offline.
- Wolfram|Alpha: This download provides free online access to the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine. Answer questions, get calculators, create plots and visualizations and much more with this versatile tool.
- Advanced Task Manager Pro: Kill tasks, free memory, speed up phone and save your battery with this one simple application.
- AndroZip Pro File Manager: AndroZip File Manager is the leading Android Platform productivity application aimed to simplify management of files and handling of compressed file formats.
- Document Scanner: Document Scanner allows you to scan documents with your phone camera, convert them into PDF, and email the PDF document to anyone, all from your mobile phone.
- Due Today: Due Today is designed to help you get organized. Create tasks and assign them to projects and contexts. You can also set reminders to help you remember those important things.
- ezPDF Reader: This incredible PDF reader plays video and audio from PDF. Also comes with annotation feature — activate with a long click on any place in PDF.
- CamCard: CamCard (Business Card Reader) is an Android based application. It can capture business card images with phone-based camera, and recognize the card image content, and the recognized result is automatically organized as a contact and saved into phone address book.
- CircleLauncher: You can add some frequently used apps, contacts or bookmarks to this launcher and start those apps, contacts or bookmarks with one click from a circle, a horizontal or a vertical line.
- gFlash Android: Create flashcards with a two column Google Spreadsheet and share with friends or upload Excel to Google Documents. Download cards from gWhiz Catalog & your Google account and auto-shuffle cards on subsequent passes with a focus on the cards you missed (like Leitner method with better scoring!).
- Grades: Student Organizer: Keep track of your classes, school assignments, homework, and exams with ease using the Grades: Student Organizer from Android Infinity Software.
- Image Transfer: Wirelessly transfer your photos and videos to any computer with the click of a button. Compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux computers with a shared folder on the same network.
- Note Everything: Note Everything is a very feature-rich note (notepad) application for android. You can organize your notes in folders and subfolders.
- RepliGo Reader: RepliGo Reader for Android is the highest fidelity PDF viewing solution available and the only solution available that supports PDF annotations.
- Touch Calendar: Touch Calendar makes viewing your calendar as easy as using Google Maps. No more flipping between different calendar views. Touch Calendar works with Google Calendar and any other calendars your phone supports.
- Whiteboard Pro: Write and draw notes on your home screen. Fully customizable home screen widget.
- Android apps by Vincent Programming: You have a multitude of choices here for help with physics, numbers, chemistry and other science formulas, all costing less than a cup of coffee.
- Android Language Classes: Right now Spanish Class, Portuguese Class and French Class are available. German, Dutch and Italian Class are in the pipeline as well. Each “class” offers complete offline courses for their particular language, together with interactive verb and vocabulary exercises.
- Grammar Express: Grammar Express is the complete course in mastering the use of variety of expressions in writing English. It’s a valuable exercise for it teaches you how to introduce variety in writing English.
- Human Anatomy: How many bones are in the human body? Which is the longest muscle in the body? Biceps bracii extend the arm during a pull up? Can you answer these questions and more in this fun anatomy quiz?
- Math Ref: This application includes over 1,300 helpful equations, notes and more from algebra to chemistry. Network access only needed for sending feedback.
- Math Reference: Created by Quizmine, this tool is useful for quick and easy access to math formulas for arithmetic, algebra, geometry and measurements. Quizmine also produces apps for physics, chemistry, biology, MBA references and more.
- MathScript — Complete Toolbox: Try out this app or other math apps created by Math School. MathScript is a “must have” app for any one interested in mathematics and/or programming.
- The Elements: The Elements gives you quick access to the information you need, when you need it. Not only do you get properties of the 118 elements, but you get other information that is commonly used in a chemistry class.
- Backup to Gmail: With Google phone, you can sync your Gmail, Contacts, Calendar, Picasa Albums with Google’s Service.
- ClearRecord: ClearRecord brings the unique feature of suppressing Ambient Noise, inadvertently captured while recording. ClearRecord also features the ability to control play-speed without modifying pitch quality and allows for background recording.
- DocumentsToGo Full Version Key: This key unlocks premium features such as editing, Google Docs & Adobe PDF.
- Folder Organizer: Group items according to labels and create fully customizable folders and widgets. You can organize apps, bookmarks, contacts and shortcuts.
- Job Search: Find jobs from your Android phone with Indeed.com, the most comprehensive search engine for jobs. In a single search, Indeed offers free access to millions of jobs from thousands of company websites and job boards.
- PrinterShare Mobile Print: Print documents (DOC, DOCX, XLS, XSLX, PPT, PPTX, PDF, TXT) from SD card and Google Docs, Gmail, photos, contacts, agenda, sms/mms, call log and web pages directly from your phone to a printer right next to you or anywhere in the world.
- Quickoffice Pro: This app takes mobile productivity to the next level with the most comprehensive suite ever for Android smartphones.
- Resume & Cover Letter Guide: This app will download a manual to your phone’s files in pdf format for easy viewing on your Android device.
- WebSharing File/Media Sync: Transfer files over Wi-Fi between your phone and computer. Bulk upload/download: transfer entire folders/albums; stream music to computers; view photos/videos; WebDAV Server (Beta feature: must enable in settings).
Did you enjoy this article?
Previous Post: 50 Must-Have Firefox Extensions for e-Learning & Researching